Pages

June 14, 2014

0405 hours


And every time my strength runs dry
it is His grace that sweeps by;
to hold me in place
in His embrace,
to fight the fears and troubles inside
where only in His love I can abide.

__

A twisted knee, limping everywhere having to balance and stay mobile with the pain, long hours of studying (which were inadequately short compared to everyone's studying late into the next morning), racing thoughts and terrible food cravings. Those exam feels that come so strikingly daunting. There was so much brain overload but it has all come to pass. This week I have survived to tell the tale, which serves to remind both you (if anyone is actually reading this) and I that tough times come but we have this anchor that holds us together and gives us sustenance and strength our bodies are not capable of generating on our own. And we get through it one phase at a time, hopefully a little more grown up than before.

As cliche as it always appears and as judgement-drawing this statement may be, I have been immensely blessed this entire week with grace so undeserved that help me pull through. Someone asked me how I did it. To go through my week and semester and life without feeling incomplete. I couldn't give an answer, because at that instant, I wondered how everyone else did it,
"Feeling incomplete."


But-

Divine intervention.

(That's the God-shaped hole in your heart working. That even with all the accomplishments and entertainments that seem so great, they're just little, and they will never be God-shaped, and will never fill in that hole in your heart completely. We were made for Him and not for the things of the world. Which is why these satisfactions feel so temporary, because they were not made to last. Fleeting, they will go as fast as they came and that need for satisfaction appears once again)


___


This week, (not in specific order): Library mates, making me need not to spend my long library hours alone. Late dinner accompaniments in campus, classmates who test my memory work (law law law), good company, inspiring conversations that get my mind working a little of its rust away. Refreshing drinks in the midst of the very warm and humid Singaporean weather. My first movie in the cinema of the year. Feeling good after each paper. Adventures, new places and the remembering of old places/ faces/ phases. Friends both near and far. Memories kept in little glass bottles in my mind. Phone calls that bring me back home.

10km trailrun
Stranger
Law crammers











___

Times and days when you flash in my mind-
they happen, oh how they do.
(I will not deny)

No comments: